Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Ni Hao Shanghai

After a grueling 14 hour flight from Los Angeles, in which I slept almost the whole way there, I arrived in Shanghai. Having arrived an hour and a half earlier than expected, I sat in the airport, waiting to be picked up by my employer for a little over an hour. Once I was greeted by my employer, I had to wait another hour and a half for another coworker and fellow MAIS student Robert Batten to arrive. Forgetting that they were picking up 2 students who were packing for over a year, we were picked up in a clown car SUV that was shorter in length than I was tall.As we were crammed into the car packed like sardines, It took 45 minutes to arrive to the Greentree hotel, which was located down the street from the Main office of the school. The climate in Shanghai is ridiculous. Not only is it hot , but it is also humid and the combination of the two makes for a deadly combo. As we arrived at the hotel, we were greeted by fellow coworkers and MAIS students Samantha,Kirsti and Leila, which made the transition to China more comforting. After dropping off our bags, we went to my future apartment as my mom calls "The Penthouse", a 2700 sq ft apartment on the top floor of my complex which is 2 stories and features 5 bedrooms,3 bathes, 2 saunas, 2 living rooms 1.5 kitchens,  and a balcony . The place was much more amazing in person than in the pictures I saw. Pictures will soon be coming once I am completely moved in. The best part of the Apartment is the "Man Cave" which features a  55 inch big screen TV, treadmill and a  mini kitchen. Waiting for us as we all came to the apartment was more MAIS Students, John,Jacob and my roommate Mike who were hanging out. I can already tell it is going to be a fun year ahead of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment