Sunday, August 22, 2010

Goodnight America

The day has finally arrived, after waiting months for this day to come, it is hard to believe that it is finally here. I am still a bit in denial but  the fact in sitting in the airport  blended  in like where’s Waldo  among hundreds of Asians waiting to board my plane, has given me the reality check I needed. The fact that I don’t understand a lick of what they are saying is also not boost my spirits for  what the year will be like.
Having packed up all my belongings in boxes ready for storage and packed my bags to the brim (so hard to pack for a year when all the seasons are bipolar!) it is so bittersweet. I am leaving behind all my friends and family and the things I consider within my blanket of comfort, and trading it for the unknown. I am excited to jump into this adventure and see where it takes me. As John Wayne states “ Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway”
As I was dropped off at the airport by my parents, it was hard to say goodbye knowing that I won’t be seeing them anytime soon.  I  know this is a wonderful  once in a life time opportunity and that is why I am willing to trade my car and fork  in for ricksaws and chopsticks.  
Before I get all emotional on y'all  I'll just let Kanye West do the talking








So with that being said. Good night America, I see you when my dreams turn into reality

No comments:

Post a Comment