Saturday, September 4, 2010

Typhoon!

After getting notified Tuesday afternoon that my schedule had been switched, and that I would be teaching 6 classes in the morning, I was a bit overwhelmed. To my surprise, I had a blessing in disguise when I was notified that all schools were cancelled due to typhoon warnings. This is a first for me, I have had flood,hurricane, snow/ice warnings but never a Typhoon. In honor of the typhoon,  A few of my coworkers and I went to  Andy's house, who is one of our supervisors, to hang out and play games. within minutes of getting into a cab it started to pour like crazy with thunder and lightning flashes. Between leaving the cab and entering her house, which was half a block, I managed to be soaked from head to toe. Like Oregon weather, the rain poured than stopped, switching every so often. Being on the 18th floor,  I had the genius idea to toss water out the window and  watch it fall as it soaked all the pedestrians down below. I found so much humor and entertainment in it and it made me feel like a little kid again.It was the perfect way to prepare for  teaching little kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment