Saturday, July 2, 2011

Where in the World is John Gregory?!?!

       As St. Augustine Says "The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page".
With each second that goes by, my time in China is coming to an end.So whats next?!? Well, one I finish my contract with the horrible Shane English,I will be taking my talents elsewhere.. where? well that part is unclear but until then I will be traveling until I figure it  out.  The  beautiful thing about htis situation is that i have no time constraints which lets met travel as much as my heart desires, or atleast until my bank account runs dry. Come 9am on August 25th, I will be boarding a plane headed to Thailand where I will meet up with one of my best friends J.D. Siler in Bangkok for a few days before we head North to Chiang Mai via overnight train. from there we will head South to the  luscious beaches of Phuket and the Phi Phi Islands for a couple more days before heading to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia where J.D. Will fly out of back to the states for grad school on September 8th. I will stay another night there in Kuala Lumpur before flying out to  Christ Church,New  Zealand where I will be meeting my buddies Jackson and Merianah, who I met in Shanghai and live in Wellington. Since I will be getting in to Christ Church  late at night, I plan to to stay there for a a day or two before taking a bus and then a ferry up North to Wellington. During this time, the Rugby World Cup will be going on which will make for an exciting time as I already have tickets to go to it. Although I only have a one way ticket to New Zealand, I imagine that I will be there for about 3 weeks before heading to my next destination.With so many options of where to go from New Zealand , I currently in a prediculment of heading to Australia or going back to Kuala Lumpur to trek through South East Asia, but as Paul Theroux once said, "Tourist don't know where they've been, travelers don't know where they are going". So with that I leave an empty page in the book I call life, ready to be written.

No comments:

Post a Comment